Caring for your mattress from Slumberworld Quality Mattresses and Bedding in Geelong
At Slumberworld in Geelong we want you to get the most out of your mattress. We advise that you replace your mattress every ten years. We will supply you with the best quality mattresses and bedding and the best way to make it last and retain its full comfort is to care for your
- Turn it over and rotate it end to end regularly. Alternate the flipping
and turning so that both sides of the ‘top’ and ‘bottom’ of the mattress get
equal wear. Many manufacturers recommend turning or rotating every two weeks
for the first three months, then every two or three months thereafter.
- Use a mattress protector to keep it clean. Slumberworld have a range of mattress protectors and manchester. Don’t wet your mattress; only
use a vacuum cleaner for cleaning. If you must wash it, use soap, cold water
and a damp cloth and rub gently. Dry thoroughly to avoid mildew (try a hair
dryer or put it in the sun). A waterproof cover may be useful for bedwetters.
- Don’t use the handles to lift or carry the mattress. They’re not designed
to take its weight, and should only be used for positioning it.
- Don’t fold the mattress. Try to bend it as little as possible when
carrying it around corners.
- Don’t put a new mattress on a saggy, broken-down base. Take a look at the Slumberworld range of beds and bedroom furniture.
- If you often sit on the edge of your bed (to tie up your shoes, say), try
to avoid sitting in the same spot every time.
- If you want a trampoline or crash mat, buy one.
Contact us at Slumberworld Quality Mattresses and Bedding, come and see and try out a mattress at our premises in Grovedale, Geelong or phone us on 03 5241 1108.
Our mattresses are made here in Geelong and are available retail mattresses or wholesale mattresses at wholesale prices.
These tips are provided by Choice, click here for further information.